Marleton Cross Limited and its subsidiaries (“MX Group”) understand that a policy of environmental responsibility, involving the active management of the environmental aspects of our manufacture of shower trays, moulds, injection mouldings and all other operations, should be among our highest business priorities.
Such a policy is an essential element in complying with relevant laws, regulations and industry codes of practise and constitutes sound commercial sense by ensuring that we make effective use of energy, utilities and raw materials, thereby conserving natural resources for our future.
This policy is implemented and achieved in practise by:
- Establishing and maintaining an environmental management system, in accordance with the requirements of BS EN ISO-14001, as part of the overall management system.
- Establishing challenging, though achievable objectives and targets, with related action programmes, for the continual improvement of our environmental performance.
- Designing, conducting and monitoring all process and support operations in order to minimise adverse environmental impacts, thereby seeking to prevent any polluting emissions and discharges and comply with all relevant licenses and consents.
- Monitoring and controlling material usage in order to minimise generation of waste and maximise recycling or re-use, thereby reducing the impact and cost of landfill use.
- Ensuring that the policy is understood by all employees, contractors and visitors, who shall have a duty to be aware of, and comply with, this policy at all times.
- Ensuring that our suppliers and subcontractors are made aware of this policy and that wherever appropriate they are actively encouraged to conduct their own operations in accordance with good environmental practise.
- Conducting regular audits and periodic reviews, to ensure that our management system continues to be suitable and effective and taking action where deficiencies are evident.
This policy is formally issued to all employees, contractors and suppliers, is displayed for information to all visitors and is available to external parties or individuals upon application to the Group Operations Director.
This statement represents the commitment of the Management and work force to MX Group’s Policy. Awareness of this Policy is established during the relevant phases of MX Group’s training and is a mandatory requirement of all personnel.
Date: 2012 (updated).